Documenting Voluntary Services

An Oklahoma Successful Adulthood (OKSA) Guide

After 18 years of age, youth may request placement in a DHS placement and services from DHS on a voluntary basis, or in special circumstances, a short-term voluntary placement while age 18, 19 or 20 years of age, when the youth:

  • Reaches 18 years of age prior to completing his or her General Educational Development (GED) or high school education; or
  • Did not obtain a GED or high school education and left an out-of-home placement after reaching 18 years of age; or
  • Has specified reasons approved by the district director for the county where the youth resides.

Complete Voluntary Services Form

  • Complete a Voluntary Placement Request form (04IL001E)
  • NOTE: This form does not need to be signed by a notary, but your district director should be informed of the placement.
  • Save a copy of the Voluntary Placement Request form in the KIDS File Cabinet.

Document Voluntary Services

  • Go to "Removal" screen in KIDS.
  • Select the youth and select "Show."
  • Under "Removal Context," select "Current Removal Status," then select "Voluntary."
    • Enter the date the youth began voluntary custody.
  • Scroll down to "Voluntary Placement Agreement."
    • Enter all information requested.
    • Go back to "Workload."
    • Select "Court."
    • Select "Status," then select the appropriate youth from the list and select "Show."
    • Under "Custody Information," click on "Clear."
      • Under the "Begin Date," add the beginning date.
      • Under "Official Custody," select "Voluntary."
    • Contact the IV-E specialist for the youth and inform them that the youth has chosen to remain in voluntary services, so medical coverage for the youth can be extended.